Monday, January 31, 2011

Friend losing hope

I got this e-mail from a friend who would like to remain anonymous. 

"i went through 45 pages of potential guys online today and didn't find anyone i would even consider going on a date with. instead i found these dudes:

1. shirt-off dude (usually also includes a pic of him and his motorcycle), or trying to disguise it as "a day at the beach".
2. Sober guys. There's always a story associated with these ones, and I don't wanna be their sponsor. Next.
3. dude that is overly aggressive about "not wanting drama, pscyhopaths, chicks who are married, etc."
4. EMO DUDES! the "creative types" that have too artsy of profile pics, hang out in Silverlake, and are trying to "make it" in their spare time, but have a desk job to "pay the bills" (damn the Man). eye liner is involved in at least one pic.
5. guys in "the industry" or are trying to break their way into it. "actor" dudes who only have head shots for profile pics, video production guys, cameramen, etc. I don't care what shoot you just worked on, or who you saw on the lot today.
6. ugly dudes. 'nuff said.
7. dudes that are giving their lives for "underprivileged kids" and make $20k. I will consider myself underprivileged when you don't pick up the check.
8. red heads.
9. One-upper guys. When I ask if they've seen Black Swan, they respond with "Yeah, I've seen all the nominated films." When I mention in my profile that I'm good at correcting grammatical errors, they send a ridiculous message taunting me to correct the "3 strategically placed errors in the last paragraph". I don't want to compete with you, I'm just trying to start a damn conversation!!!


Where the hell are the tall, bigger built, beer-drinking, football-watching normal dudes that make a decent living and can hold a conversation? I'm losing hope in LA.... "

1 comment:

  1. I've gone through 45 potential chicks and didn't find anyone I would even consider going on a date with. Instead I find these chicks:

    1. Only Head picture. Where is the body chica? Me Lika the resta
    2. Chick that puts up pictures of ocean, and mountains along with only head picture
    3. Chick that is married yet looking, In a relationship but looking or Not over someone from her past.
    4. The EMO chick that wants to spend all day in acafe, listening to sad songs on an acoustic guitar while painting her EX and contemplating her next screen play.
    5. Model/ Actress Chicks. Who work at the bars on weekend nights. HEY WHEN ARE WE GONNA GO OUT?
    6. Ugly Chicks- (Chopping hand clap)
    7. Chicks that are giving their lives for a cause, make 20k, Live 30 miles from the beach but really wants a guy that travels so she can go too.
    8. Oh Your looking for Blonde Hair Blue Eyed 6'0. 184. GOOOOD LUCK

    Where the hell are the average height, nice boobed, fit, normal (NO DRAMA) chicks living who make a decent living so I feel good about saying "I Got This" expecting nothing in return.

    I love you LA. I knew what I was getting into when I moved here.

    ReplyDelete